A complete record of each patient's care, treatment and progress is kept in our Medical Records Department. You have the right to expect that medical information regarding your care will be treated as confidential, and Community First Health Centers has the obligation to safeguard your records against unauthorized disclosure.
A copy of your medical records is available to you at any time upon your request and completion of our medical records release form.
Medical records that are released upon request are those that are considered the Designated Record Set.
The Designated Record Set (DRS) includes all documents within a health record that are covered under the HIPAA regulations that the patient or patient representative has the right to obtain.
The Designated Record Set includes:
- Clinical and health records
- Enrollment data
- Billing records
- Records of payments and claims adjudication
- Case and medical management records
Other methods to obtain our medical records release form:
- Patient Portal
- US Mail
Completed medical records release forms can be returned to us in any of the following ways:
- In-person or by US Mail: Drop-off your completed ROI form in-person or mail to the appropriate Community First Health Centers facility.
- Email or Fax: Email or fax your completed ROI form to the appropriate Community First Health Centers facility.
We strive to offer open access to your medical information. You have access to some of your medical information and test results through our patient portal. If you do not see the results/records you are looking for in your patient portal, please contact us.
For questions regarding medical records please call:
- CFHC - New Haven: 586-749-5197
- CFHC - Port Huron: 810-488-8000
- CFHC - Algonac: 810-794-4917
Download a copy of our Medical Records release form here: